A three-day weekend is fast approaching, making it the perfect time to get outside to enjoy the end of summer! ForLease Atlanta, your local condo and apartment locator, wants to help you find something fun to do this Labor Day weekend in and around Atlanta! Browse our lists below:
Sept. 4th-6th Weekend Events
Big Events in Atlanta:
- Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game – Located at the Georgia Dome, this annual Labor Day event features two premier college football teams and welcomes in the football season to thousands of fans in the stands (and even more on television). This year the game will be held on Saturday, Sept. 5th at 3:30pm featuring the Auburn Tigers vs. Louisville Cardinals. *Click here to get your tickets; hurry because they will be sold out soon!
- Dragon Con – This gigantic multi-media, pop-culture convention takes over the hotels and streets of Atlanta every year during Labor Day weekend. The annual Saturday morning Dragon Con Parade is the biggest parade in Atlanta and provides endless entertainment to locals and visitors alike.
- Black Gay Pride – Piedmont Park plays host to the Black Gay Pride festival with a Sunday music festival; other features include local parties, empowerment sessions and workshops, health and wellness fairs and much more! For more information, check out http://inthelifeatlanta.org/pride/.
Labor Day Weekend Events Outside of Atlanta
If you’re looking to escape the crowds in Atlanta, check out these nearby events:
- Stone Mountain Park – Located just outside of Atlanta, Stone Mountain Park offers a great family-friendly atmosphere full of fun! During Labor Day weekend the park celebrates by offering an extended fireworks show, including a special tribute to all hardworking heroes that immediately follows the Laser show. This occurs every night from September 4th-6th.
- Marietta Art in the Park – About 35 minutes north of Atlanta, the historic Marietta Square Park features this annual art show and street festival from Sept. 5th-7th (10am – 5pm daily). Your family won’t want to miss this award-winning festival.
- AJC Decatur Book Festival – “The AJC Decatur Book Festival is the largest independent book festival in the country and one of the five largest overall. Since its launch, more than 1,000 world-class authors and hundreds of thousands of festival-goers have crowded the historic downtown Decatur square to enjoy book signings, author readings, panel discussions, an interactive children’s area, live music, parades, cooking demonstrations, poetry slams, writing workshops, and more. The Decatur Book Festival is a community based nonprofit that counts on your donations to operate each year. We are a 501(c)3 and your donation is tax deductible.” – from the festival website.
From our team at ForLease Atlanta, we hope you have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend, no matter what you choose to do! Please contact us anytime to schedule an appointment to find your next luxury Atlanta condo or apartment.